Friday, December 7, 2007

LEDISI


Ledisi……..the last of a dying breed.

Thank you Ledisi for making me believe in true artistry again, my good friend Carlos Sanchez closes his deep soulful house music sessions with your tribute to Ella (Blues in the night). I believe music is felt, not just heard, I close my eyes and connect to you, your lyrics not only speak to my soul, it educates me on the current events of life, love and love lost. Ledisi you feel your music and your band from the strong Intro of (Been Here) on your Lost & Found CD to the closing Outro of (Been Here) you not only invited me to the first row of your concert with this CD but you gave me uninterrupted (JOY) and as I continued to listen with a new ear, I say new ear because you raise the bar with your connection to your instrument, every artist I hear after you I wait to hear if they connect on any level to their music, words or fellow artist in their band, and that’s only the few that work with bands at all. The song (Best Friend) speaks to me most, it’s my national anthem. I am in Love with my best friend, still after years of taking it to the next level I still want him and desire him and you sing with the intensity of which I feel. It’s about (You & Me) throughout this CD.



I am committed to introduce every one I know to you, so that they could (Get to Know You) and be turned right side up from this (Up Side Down) music industry that packages talent with the old formula of Good Hair, Light skin, and a polished studio sound. You my dear are (Alright) with me, every once in a while as I listen to you, and I raise my hand in solidarity, I smile with identification and get confirmation that (We are One) as you sing with another familiar member of the dying breed of true talent Rashaan Patterson . Ledisi you made me feel like we grew up with each other in your song titled (Someday). I visualized your family being very proud of you, not only for being successful but most of all for staying true to your art, and honoring your ancestors. You have my Idea of a total package, bangin ass beats, vocals that make you want to take your shoe’s off and throw them and a vibe that accentuates your soulful voluptuousness. Your title track (Today and I tried) proves that you can sing circles around Diva’s from the past and present, effortlessly. You are (The One) hands down Ledisi, thank you for rescuing me from the (Lost and Found) of bubble gum artist with all their smoke and mirrors and giving me so much to look forward too…………………. (In The Morning).

For those who may not know the sounds of Ledisi or just want to see this amazing artist live click here (Ledisi Live at The Bridge) for her concert series with special guest Chaka Khan.

No comments: